Each year there is a community Christmas Tree outside Scotmid on the corner of Warrender Park Road and Marchmont Crescent. The lights on the tree will be turned on this year on Sat 3rd December at about 4pm during an outdoor concert. We then go on to the German Speaking Church on Chalmers Crescent for refreshments and musical e on the day itself is from 3:30pm to 6pm including:
- Two volunteers needed for collecting and setting up the staging at the tree
- One volunteer needed to be in charge of the PA system - ie. will be delivered to the VOL but will need to be set up - all will be explained.
- Two volunteers needed for preparing the mulled wine in flasks and taking them to the hall by 3.30pm on the day and setting up the table for soft drinks and warmed mulled wine in flasks to be distributed to everyone - plastic cups provided
- One volunteer needed for making up boxes/trays with festive paper (boxes can be got from the fruiterers in Argyle Place) to fill with mince pies and shortbread for handing out at the tree) - the goodies will be at the church hall ready for the boxes to be filled on the day.
- Several volunteers needed for handing around mince pies at tree from local traders, soft drinks and drinks at church)
- One Volunteer needed to be at the church hall to liaise with every the schools about the music/singing - where to put their instrument boxes, coats, etc.
- One volunteer to be in charge of the rest of the food at the church hall, ie. packets of crisps etc to be in big bowls ready for when everyone arrives (plus anything else that we get donated).
- Two volunteers needed for other general tasks ie. at the door of the church hall to direct everyone to the main hall, coat places, toilets, buggy parks, etc.
Please, Please Please - do help with this community event - We cannot do it without you!
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 07515 376 173